Three generations of Gaskills and decades of evolution…
Property surveys Liverpool with the experience you’ll need!
The company was founded in 1934 by Arthur Gaskill, the father of the present senior partner Bryan Gaskill.
The first offices were over Durandu’s tobacconist at the corner of Exchange Street East and Dale Street Liverpool, and Arthur Gaskill was asked if he, along with two accountant associates would open the Abbey National’s first office in Liverpool as agents.
After the Second World War and war service for Arthur Gaskill in the RAF, the company moved to 202 Stanley Road Bootle in 1947, and remained there until 1958, and the building still remains to this day!
The move to 1 Tarbock Road was made in 1957. At this time the building was shared with a wallpaper and painting supplies shop. Due to the expansion of the estate agency and surveying practice, the wallpaper shop was closed and the whole building was then used as offices on the ground floor and the first floor for the estate agency and surveying practice.
During this time Arthur Gaskill’s wife Josie worked in the company and Bryan Gaskill joined in 1958 and qualified in 1964 with the Institute of Building in Liverpool shortly after becoming a partner.
In 1976 Arthur Gaskill retired, and Bryan Gaskill became senior partner and the following year the company opened the office in Woolton Village for residential house sales, surveys, and mortgages, and held an agency with the former Burnley Building Society.
In 2013 Bryan and Gill’s daughter Hollie Gaskill joined the company, managing the office, and looking after the lettings and property management side of the business having previously worked in the commercial side of the property industry since graduating.
The company remained at 1 Tarbock Road until December 2015, when the sales and lettings side of the business and the building were sold. The survey and valuation side of the business were kept together with the name Bryan Gaskill Properties Ltd and these remain the company’s key focus areas.
A long and proud history
|1934||Founded by Arthur Gaskill|
|1947||Moved to Stanley Road in Bootle|
|1957||Moved to Tarbock Road in Huyton|
|1958||Current owner, Bryan Gaskill, joined the company|
|1964||New office opened in Rainhill|
|1964||Bryan Gaskill became a partner|
|1976||Arthur Gaskill retired and Bryan became the senior partner|
|1977||Offices opened in Woolton Village|
|1990||Gill Gaskill, Bryan’s wife, became a partner|
|2013||Hollie Gaskill, Bryan and Gill’s daughter, joined the company|
|2018||The business concentrates on surveys and valuations, in the North West region.|